Quality is our main goal and we cannot achieve that goal without your help. Our Purchase Order has called out specific Quality notes. Any quality note that cannot be found on this page will be emailed to you by Danmar.
Common Quality notes for all Danmar Issued Purchase Orders (second tab on supplier page)
DM#01 VENDOR’S QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- PROCUREMENT CONTROLS
- Vendor must:
- Maintain an approved and/or qualified manufacturers list or for source(s) listed on the purchase order.
- Have available and use the Government Qualified Products List (QPL) and the Government Qualified Manufacturers List (QML).
- Procure all Military specification parts from QPL sources.
- RECEIVING CONTROLS
- Vendor must:
- Identify received material and maintain traceability records to manufacturer’s part number, lot number, and date code for all electronic and electrical parts, raw material and mechanical machined parts, semiconductor devices, integrated circuits and passive electrical components.
- Identify and segregate nonconforming material.
III. SHIPMENT CONTROLS
- Vendor must:
Ensure that all materials shipped against the purchase order are handled, identified, packaged & shipped in accordance with the purchase order requirements and associated specifications. All material shall be supplied with certifications containing purchase order number, part number, actual chemical and physical data in accordance with the applicable specification(s) and standard(s). The vendor shall review all their supplier certification(s) for accuracy and compliance to the specifications and/or standards.
- Composite Material: The supplier shall provide material properties in accordance with the drawings, specifications and standards for each lot of material.
- Cast or Forged Parts: The vendor shall provide certified data in the form of coupons, chemical composition, elongation, yield, tensile properties and any other mechanical attributes required by the drawing or material specifications and/or standards.
- Hardware Needing Chemical & Physical Analysis: Hardware shall be supplied with certifications containing part number, actual chemical and physical data in accordance with the applicable specification(s) and standard(s).
- DFAR 252-225-7009 Specialty Metals: (Replaced 252-225-7014 Alt. 1) Certification must state the materials supplied meet the requirements of DFAR 252-225-7009.
- DFAR 252-225-7016: Restriction of Acquisition of Roller and Ball Bearing: Certification must state the materials supplied meet the requirements of DFAR 252-225-7016.
- Hardware Needing Only a Certification of Conformance: Hardware shall be supplied with certifications of conformance containing part number.
- Material: Material shall be supplied with vendor certifications of conformance identifying material type, per drawing requirement. (I.e. plastic, adhesive, lubricant, primer, etc.).
DM#02 CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMANCE
- Seller’s delivery of product certifies that the Manufacturer and Seller have performed all required inspections and tests. The Seller certifies delivered items meet all requirements identified on the Purchase Order and all associated reference documents.
- The Seller shall provide a Certificate of Conformance with each shipment. The Seller shall insure that the person in their organization issuing the Certificate of Conformance has been authorized by the Seller to do so.
The exact format of the Certificate of Conformance may vary from Seller to Seller. Requirements can be identified within the Certificate of Conformance, Packing Slip, and/or material packing but shall contain the following minimum information:
- Seller’s name.
- Manufacturers’ name when different than Seller.
- Dammar’s Part number as specified on the purchase order. If no Danmar Part number is specified on the purchase order, use Seller’s Part number. If no Seller’s Part number is specified on the purchase order, use material descriptor.
- Dammar’s drawing revision (including change notices, if not part of revision level) when specified on the purchase order
- This document must exhibit the signature or equivalent approval (stamp, etc.) of an authorized individual.
DM#03 Mercury free certification must be provided verifying that all materials delivered against this order do not contain and have not come in contact with the element Mercury (Hg) or Mercury compounds.
DM #04 Certifications are to be provided, which identify all processes performed (i.e. paint, plating, braze, etc.). The certification must include purchase order number, part number, revision, serial number (if applicable), quantity, reference to applicable specifications and standards, including revisions, and include an authorized individual signature.
DM #05 INSPECTION
- First Article Inspection per AS9102 is required for this order. Results shall be documented on forms contained in appendix B of the AS9102 standard.
- The first article piece shall be segregated and tagged as 1st article.
- Dimensional inspection reports required. As a minimum, these reports must contain:
- 100% dimensional characteristics and actual results of the sampled lot, unless otherwise specified.
- All measured dimensions shall have the min / max range recorded. The min / max range shall reflect the actuals taken from the quantity sampled.
- Sampling plans must meet ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008, single sampling plan, general inspection level I, AQL 2.5 or equivalent requirements, as a minimum.
NOTE: If a CMM report is submitted for 5B, the drawing characteristics shall be numbered to correspond with the CMM result for the measured characteristic. The drawing shall be submitted with the CMM report.
- Partial First Article Inspection per AS9102 is required for this order. Results shall be documented on forms contained in appendix B of the AS9102.
DM #06 TEST DATA
- Test data must be furnished with shipment and must be traceable by purchase order, part number, lot or batch.
- Electronic Components, Wiring Harnesses and Cables: The vendor shall provide test reports, RF plots, voltage or resistance verification, insertion loss, VSWR, gain or other requirements specified in or on the specification or drawing. Actual values must be provided. The term “O.K.”, “PASS”, “ACCEPTED” or “ √ ” will not be acceptable. The data shall have the serial number of the component test. Lot test is not acceptable.
DM #07 RIGHT OF ENTERANCE and RECORD RETENTION
- The operations, records and work of the supplier for products related to this order are subject to evaluation, review, audit, survey, and inspection by Danmar Industries, Inc., its customers, and the government to determine that the supplier meets contractual requirements and that materials, articles, and related services are of satisfactory quality and meet the intended design.
- The Supplier shall provide and maintain an inspection system covering supplies under this contract and shall tender to Danmar Industries, Inc. for acceptance only supplies that have been inspected in accordance with the inspection system and have been found by the Supplier to be in conformity with contract requirements.
- As part of the system, the Supplier shall prepare records evidencing all inspections made under the system and the outcome.
- These records shall be kept complete and protected against loss and deterioration and made available to Danmar Industries, Inc. for a minimum of seven years or for as long as the contract requires.
DM #08 Each individual container must be marked with the material’s useful shelf life and the date of manufacture or the date of expiration. A minimum of 75% of the product’s shelf life must be remaining upon receipt at Danmar Industries. MSDS Required.
DM #09 All ESD sensitive materials must be processed in accordance with MIL-STD-1686, JESD-625A and/or S20.20, packaged in ESD black foil conductive static-shielding bags or boxes and labeled as ESD sensitive.
DM #10 Government source inspection is required prior to shipment from your plant.
DM #11 Source inspection is required prior to delivery of materials. The suppler shall notify the Danmar Industries purchasing agent to arrange for source inspection. The supplier shall provide Danmar Industries with personnel and documentation adequate to ascertain compliance of the materials to the design documents and contractual requirements. Acceptance by the source inspector in no way relieves the supplier of their responsibility to provide quality materials that are 100% compliant with all technical documents and requirements relevant to the contract, nor does it relieve the supplier of responsibility for any nonconformance discovered after delivery of materials.
DM #12 Cross section data required.
DM #13 All articles delivered against this order shall be accompanied by a copy of the supplier’s most recent plating bath analysis, used for these articles. The analysis report must be for the specific tank(s) in which the articles were plated, and shall indicate the amount and type of foreign elements present. The Danmar Industries P.O. and part number shall be indicated on the analysis report, as well as the date the analysis was performed.
DM #14 Solder samples required.
DM #15 Precap inspection required – The supplier shall notify Danmar Industries’ purchasing agent prior to installation of the cover on the product to arrange for precap inspection. The supplier shall provide Danmar Industries with facilities, equipment, personnel, and documentation adequate to ascertain the quality and compliance of the materials. Acceptance by the source inspector in no way relieves the supplier of their responsibility to provide quality materials that are 100% compliant with all technical documents and requirements relevant to the contract, nor does it relieve the supplier of responsibility for any non-conformances after delivery of materials.
DM #16 PLATING
- Gold or Silver plating thickness data required. Silver plated parts shall be wrapped in anti-tarnish protection paper when shipped.
- Nickel plating thickness data required. A coupon is to be plated with the parts, and used to obtain the actual thickness readings. If the parts are too small to get an accurate comparison with a coupon notify Danmar Industries, Inc. purchasing department. Coupon to be provided to Danmar Industries upon request.
- Copper plating thickness data required. A coupon is to be plated with the parts, and used to obtain the actual thickness readings. If the parts are too small to get an accurate comparison with a coupon notify Danmar Industries, Inc. purchasing department. Coupon to be provided to Danmar Industries upon request.
- Paint/Primer thickness data required. Application and thickness shall be in accordance with the drawing notes and actual thickness on the paint and primer shall be recorded with the paint lot/batch and expiration date on the Certificate of Conformance.
DM #17 Part number to appear on item or package.
DM#18 Any changes to the referenced Purchase Order drawing, specification or standard requirements must be approved in writing by submitting a Request for Clarification/Deviation form to Danmar Industries Purchasing Dept.
DM #19 Forward material to Danmar Industries Receiving Inspection upon receipt at Danmar Industries.
DM #20 Forward item to Danmar Industries Calibration Dept. upon receipt at Danmar Industries.
DM #21 Certification must be provided that materials delivered against this order do not contain Cadmium or Zinc unless over-plated with an approved metal.
DM#22 Certification must be provided that materials delivered against this order do not contain pure unalloyed tin, parts with tin alloys containing less than 97% tin are acceptable.
DM #23 Material Declaration must be provided that materials delivered against this order are RoHS compliant. This statement must include, as a minimum, purchase order number, part identification, revision, serial, lot or batch number (if applicable), and quantity. RoHS restricted materials include lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) or polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
DM #24 Items furnished under this purchase order shall be identical to product previously accepted by Danmar Industries. No changes in materials, processes, procedures, design, or software which may affect the form, fit, function, safety, weight, maintainability, service life, reliability, replace ability, or interchangeability (Reference. EIA-649), shall be made without prior written approval from Danmar Industries. Lack of written approval shall not relieve the supplier of the responsibility to fully comply with all the requirements of the purchase order. In addition, Danmar Industries shall be notified in writing prior to plant relocation.
DM #25 All requirements of this purchase order must be flowed down to all sub-tier suppliers.
DM #26 Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Required.
DM #27 Only new and authentic materials/parts are to be used in delivered to Danmar Industries and the product delivered shall contain no Counterfeit Parts. In order to mitigate the possibility of the inadvertent use of a counterfeit part; seller shall only purchase authentic parts/components directly from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/Original Component Manufacturer (OCM) or through the OEM/OCM authorized distribution chain, reference SAE AS5553. If the part/component cannot be purchased directly from the OEM/OCM or a first-tier OEM/OCM authorized Vendor, Danmar Industries approval3 is required.
DM #28 Items shall be marked in accordance with DFAR 252.211-7003 and MIL-STD-130 using Format 06 and Construct 2.
DM #29 NADCAP: Special processes (Welding, Plating, Anodizing, Painting, Heat Treating, etc.) shall be performed by a NADCAP certified processor. Proof of current NADCAP accreditation shall be available upon request.